North Woodlands Medical Centre Brantford, Ontario
North Woodlands Medical CentreBrantford, Ontario

Information of Interest About Our Practice

In order to make sure your visit to the practice goes smoothly, we've put together all the important information about how things work at the practice.


Advanced Access Appointment Scheduling program-used by Dr. Vincent

The advanced access appointment scheduling program was developed in the 1990s in Southern California and Great Britain.

The philosophy of this scheduling program was to give patients more timely access to their personal physician.

After several months of studying patient demand for appointments, I implemented a new booking schedule in September of 2011. There are two types of appointments, one is the same day appointment and the other is a pre-booked routine appointment. At this time approximately 60% of my appointment slots are reserved for same day or next day appointments. The other 40% of my potential appointment times can be pre-booked in advance. Prior to September 2011 the average wait time for a routine appointment was close to eight weeks. Since the implementation of this new booking system most patients are accommodated on the same day or the next day of calling or they can book a regular appointment within a 2 to 4 week window.

For same day appointments you call after 8:30 in the morning Monday through Friday and you will be offered an appointment that day or potentially the next day as long as openings exist. At the moment of this system is running on a first-come first-served basis. We are able to offer some medical services on a drop-in basis or over the phone or through e-mail. These will be listed under a separate paragraph.

It is important that you accurately answer the receptionist questions with respect to the reason for the appointment as they can help give you an appropriate time or suggest an alternative to obtain the medical service you are requesting. All staff are trained to triaged certain medical conditions over the phone. If the receptionist is concerned that you have a serious and potentially life-threatening medical issue they will in all likelihood suggest you go to the Brantford General Hospital emergency department as soon as possible.

Don't forget to bring your insurance information with you

In order to register and treat you promptly, we request that our patients bring their Ontario Health Card with them for each visit. If you have an invalid health card, you will be asked to leave a $35 deposit, which will be fully refunded upon presentation of a Valid Ontario Health Card.

We accept Visa, Debit, Cash or Cheques for uninsured medical services and reports

Contact and Appointments:

40 Shellington Place

Suite 204, Second Floor

Brantford, ON

N3S 0C5


Phone: 519 759-6116

Fax: 519-759-7727 




Office hours:

Mon:  9:00am-5pm

Tue:   9:00am-5pm

Wed:  9:00am-5pm

Thu:   9:00am-5pm

Fri:     9:00am-3:30pm


Saturday:      closed

Sunday:         closed


The Office is closed each day from 12:30 to 1:20 pm for lunch/staff meetings.


Phone hours will vary phone lines open at 9 am and close

at 4 pm except for Fridays when they close at 3:00 pm. These hours are subject to change.

Busy times are between 9:00 am to 10:30 am. 






As of April 1, 2019, the after hours clinic, located in D wing at the Brantford General Hospital Has moved to 217 Terrace Hill Street, right opposite the main entrance of the Brantford General Hospital

Hours are 5:00 to 7:45 MON to Friday and 10:00 am to 12:45 SAT AND SUN.


Due to COVID 19

all patients presenting to the after hours clinic will need to call when they reach the door to be screened prior to entry. The phone number is posted on the door to the clinic.

Print | Sitemap
© North Woodlands Medical Centre